The Poetry Foundation created a Record-a-Poem group at SoundCloud where it invites the public to post audio recordings of their favorite poems. You can upload recordings from your computer or use SoundCloud to upload audio files directly to the group using the Upload button here.
Sample Audio poems include:
“The Crocodile” by Lewis Carroll, read by 1st grade students from St. Giles School in Oak Park, Illinois.
Search Poetry Foundation’s online archive to find poems to record, including love poems, anti-love poems, war poems, poems , spring poems, basketball poems, in short any kind of poem. Afterwards, you can share the recording via Facebook and other social media.
Instructions on SoundClouding.
1. Join SoundCloud and the Record-a-Poem Group.
2. Hit the round Rec (record button).
3. Check the box to approve that Flash can access your microphone.
4. Hit round Rec button again.
6. Hit the square Stop button.
7. Upload the sound.
8. Name the recording following this format: “POEM TITLE” by “POET” read by YOU; add author tags and the word “poem” and “poetry.”
9. Keep in mind that we have to approve the tracks before they’re added to the group, so it may take a day before you see it.